Here's your chance to make an art piece for someone in the group while getting an art piece in return. The catch? You don't know who you'll be drawing for and you'll have a two-month time limit.
How To Sign Up
- To sign up, just leave a comment on this journal with the Entry Form filled out for your characters. The Entry Form is near the bottom of this journal.
- You can enter with 1, 2, or 3 characters. If you enter with multiple characters, please list them separately, like in these comments: comments.deviantart.com/1/5087… comments.deviantart.com/1/4960… comments.deviantart.com/1/4960… Note: if you sign up with multiple characters, please try to choose characters of different species so that your exchange partner has more options.
- It's recommended that you have a visual reference for each of your character(s) before you sign up, but you can sign up with just a written description IF you're open to artistic interpretation on the design. For example, it's fine to ask for a "red dragon with antlers" but if you ask for "Carthon, a red dragon who carries a shield with a wolf design on it, and he has 5 sets of antlers wrapped around a large rose on his head, blah blah blah..." then I'm going to ask you to make a reference of that character.
- You're only required to draw one character in this exchange, so don't worry if someone asks you for three different characters. If you don't want to draw all their characters, just choose your favorite character from the list and draw it. It's also fine to draw all their characters together in one picture too.
- All species are accepted in this exchange.
- The exchange is open to digital artists and traditional artists only. We won't accept photomanipulations, sculptures, 3D artwork, or writing this time around. Sorry!
- This is a quality-controlled art exchange. I'm not going to be very strict with these rules - I just want to see that you know how to make a picture that looks finished.
Here's what I'm looking for in your gallery:
You need to know how to properly photograph or scan your artwork. Here's a blog post which might help you out: anthro-fantasy-club.deviantart… Digital Artists
You need to know how to blend your colors. You don't have to be awesome at it by any means -- I just don't want to see colored pencil scribbling or streaky marker coloring throughout your gallery. As long as you try to keep things clean, you'll get in. Here's a blog post about that too: anthro-fantasy-club.deviantart…
No lined paper. No crumpled up paper. Nothing that looks too messy or horribly rushed.
I don't want to see a ton of filters and clashing colors in your artwork. If you're new to digital art, I recommend that you read these blog posts before you sign up: anthro-fantasy-club.deviantart… anthro-fantasy-club.deviantart…
No MSpaint (unless it's pixel/sprite art).
- You must put some effort into your exchange artwork. All pictures entered into the exchange must be fully colored, and must show at least the upper half of the character. If you try to turn in an uncolored sketch or something else that doesn't meet those requirements, you will be asked to fix the picture. If you want an idea of what we're looking for, you can look at the pictures from our last exchanges: anthro-fantasy-club.deviantart…
- Backgrounds are optional, though I would prefer some sort of simple textured or colored background (like here: shinerai.deviantart.com/art/Or… ) over a flat white background if you're working digitally. Here's a tutorial on how to apply texture to a digital art piece if you don't know how to already: luniara.deviantart.com/art/Lun… You can find free-to-use textures here. Don't use random photos from Google unless they say that you're allowed to use them.
- All references must be located on deviantART, FurAffinity, Tumblr, or another well-known art site. I don't want to see a bunch of links to completely unknown websites.
- No mature references! Sorry, but not everyone wants to see nudity or is old enough to see artwork behind a mature lock. If your current references are mature, please censor them and re-upload them to your deviantART account.
- You cannot turn in mature artwork for this exchange. Keep it clean, people.
- Don't tell anyone who you're drawing for after you've received your assignment. You wouldn't want to ruin the surprise, now would you? If you have a question about your assigned character, just ask me and I'll pass it onto the character's owner. You're free to contact the person after you've finished their artwork, though.
- If you don't get your artwork in by the final call (August 15th) you will be blacklisted. This means that you will not be allowed to participate in any future exchanges until you've finished your owed artwork.
- Current Blacklist:
Kaishimaru, Starwolf-ftw, Erogakii, comicshadowgirl, NikiKalat, Snappid, FjoreCat, Noveltyact, NerielMi, AresiaWolf, GretaMacedonio, TheKingKoku
- What If I finish my artwork but don't get anything in return?
Don't worry! An adoption artist will draw for you.
- How do I become an adoption artist?
If you want to be an adoption artist, just leave a comment on this journal letting me know. You don't have to sign up for the exchange to be an adoption artist.
- I have another question!
Leave a comment on this journal and I'll try to answer it.
After You've Finished
Once you have completed your artwork, please submit it to the Secret Santa and Art Exchange folder. If you submit your artwork to the wrong folder, I will miss it. You can submit your artwork whenever you finish it. And please make sure to notify the person about their artwork after you've finished it. The easiest way to do this is to add an @ sign in front of their username in the picture's description, though sending them a note wouldn't hurt either.
- June 1st, 2015 - Sign ups close.
- June 2nd-3rd, 2015 - Assignments will be sent out via deviantART notes.
- July 31st, 2015 - All artwork is due today.
- August 15th, 2015 - Final call for late artwork.
Entry formGeneral InformationIf you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together in the same picture? (yes or no): Is there anything you don't want to draw?What would you like to draw? Character informationName: Species: Gender: Eye color: Accessories (clothing, jewelry, weapons, etc.): Personality (please keep it short): Preferred background:References (required, thumbs or full links please. Try to avoid fav.me links.): Anything else?
Please enter ONLY the following words for "Is there anything you don't want to draw?" and "What would you like to draw?"
Any type of animal character. Examples: wolves, cats, unicorns, dragons, gryphons, etc. Anthros/furries:
Characters with human-like bodies, but animal heads. Humans:
Humans (obviously), and fantasy creatures with normal human faces that are relatively close to normal humans. Examples: Elves, vampires, hobbits, mermaids (because they're usually 100% human from the waist up), faeries, etc. Humanoids:
Fantasy creatures that are human-like, but not very close to normal humans. Examples: Orcs, ogres, trolls, most aliens, etc. Robots:
Any mechanical or metal character. Examples: cyborgs, knights in heavy armor (since you're mostly seeing the armor), sci fi soldiers, etc. No preference:
If you're willing to draw anything.
Adoption Artists Participants
CREDITSStock used in banner: prints-of-stock.deviantart.com…